Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Memorable Monday Night

It's now Tuesday. I can't even believe I've already completed 2 work days this week! I don't know if this is because I had another wonderful evening with John last night, so it kind of blurred into the weekend, or if it's just been that crazy at work. I think a little bit of both. I'm a little worried about how I'm going to get together all the new hire paperwork for 80+ people done tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to have them all in by the 3pm deadline. lol

Anyways, I really did have a wonderful evening with John. I went up to his place for the first time in a while and got to see all the kitties! :) In case I haven't caught you up on them all before, here's a run down:

~Perlita is John's. She showed up in his drive way a little over 2 years ago during band practice. He brought her inside but left the door open. After a few hours during which she showed no interest in leaving, he closed the door and called her his. She was maybe a couple moths old at the time? She's sweet and soft and doesn't always like to be picked up. She purrs alllllllllll the time and will drool all over you when she's happy if you let her.


~Next came Coco. Coco is mine. I got him a few months after John got Perlita. A friend of a friend sent a message from wherever she was staying out of town saying that they had found a little baby kitty out in the back in some bushes and he needed a home. I agreed to stop by and see him when she got back in town and I was hooked from the first time I saw him. He was so tiny- just a few weeks old- and had this giant pot belly that made him waddle when he walked. He's since grown up and is quite heavy. He's very playful and likes to pretend that he's a tough guy, but really if you get him all alone he's the sweetest cuddlebug ever. Most mornings I wake up and he's next to me in bed staring out the window.


~And lastly there's Gus. Gus is the old man. He showed up on the 2nd floor of my building a few months back and was just the saddest thing you've ever seen. I took him in, took him to the vet, got him shaved and ran some tests. Found out that he's approximately 15 years old, but in decent health. The other cats are still getting used to him, but I'm sure they'll be friends before too much longer. He's deaf, and not much bothers him. He looks much better now, but he comes with all the usual side affects of an older cat. He's a little smellier, a little messier, but he's just the sweetest thing ever. I'm so glad I took him in, because everyone who saw him initially admitted that they don't think anyone else would have.

The day I found him. You can't tell here, but 90% of his fur is matted together.

This is after the vet shaved all the matted fur off. He's put on some weight and grown back most of his fur now. The other kitties are still pretty wary of him, keeping their eyes on him at all times, but I'm sure they'll be good friends soon :)


So now you know- I'm that crazy cat lady. lol. Though, to be fair you'd have to call us "that crazy cat couple." We both actually love dogs and really want one, it just doesn't seem to be the time right now with as busy as we both are. 

Anyways, so those are my kitties, and I was so happy to get to see them last night. We separate them sometimes, but we've been trying to keep them together until they all get used to Gus being a part of the family. And they've been up at John's place for a few weeks now.

After saying hello to the kitties John and I (but mostly John) made an awesome dinner. He seasoned and grilled a couple chicken breasts, then we shredded those and put them with black beans, cheese and taco sauce into some big flour tortillas and he stuck those back on the grill for home made quesadillas!



We've made these once before and had more stuff in there, and it was AMAZING!! But in order to keep it from all dripping down into the charcoal, we had to cut back on our fillings this time.

After dinner I messed around online for a bit. Joined 20 Something Bloggers and made some new friends through Life of Meg's Mingle Monday! :) If you're looking for some new blogs to follow, you should definitely check it out. I found several that were very cool and got added to my list of faves! I always love getting feedback on my posts and the chance to meet fellow bloggers out there! So if you stop by make sure you say hi down in my comments!

Later I headed up to bed and right as I was getting ready to fall asleep John stuck his head in the door and asked if I would go on a night walk around the neighborhood with him to look at the stars. Yes ladies, that's my man! :) So of course, how do you say no to that? We walked down the middle of his street and a few others with our heads thrown back, looking up at the stars and listening to the crickets. It was wonderful. I was exhausted by the time I fell back into bed, but it was well worth it. Moments like those are meant to be remembered, not to be passed up. 

I hope your Monday night was as enjoyable as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment