Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Houston, We Have a Problem

Soooooo, this morning I got in the car and turned on the air conditioning. It was blowing out perfectly cool air. No problem. But my windshield was all fogged up so I flipped it to defrost for just a few minutes so that I could see. Then I flipped it back to cool AC and..........................................




Nothing.




It kept blowing hot air out the vent under the windshield. It wouldn't switch vents, and it wouldn't change temperatures. I tried turning the air on and off. I tried moving the switches back over to defrost and slowly moving them toward AC. Once I got to work I turned my car off and back on. Still nothing.

I'm hoping that after work my car will decide to start working for me again. Maybe if the engine cools off or something? I dunno. I don't know how that all ties in and what would be causing it to get stuck on one setting. So keep your fingers crossed for me! In the meantime I was getting sweated out of my own car (can you say that? Oh well. I just did.) I had to roll down the windows and let in the refreshing 75-degree outside air in order to cool off. lol. That's right, 75 is the new 60. How redic is that?

Anyways, I guess if nothing else I'll be thankful that if it's hot air, it's stuck on the vent that's NOT blowing directly in my face, and also that we're heading OUT of summer, not INTO it. Though, we've still got a ways to go. So I reeeaaaalllly hope my AC starts working again soon.


Update: No worries! My AC started up fine when I got in after work. Not sure what was going on this morning, but I'll be leaving it where it is from now on just in case!

1 comment:

  1. When I was in high school my AC broke all of a sudden like that too!! I went to Jiffy Lube to get it recharged and they make you sign a release form because if the recharge doesn’t work they do not want to be responsible for it. Well for me the recharge did not work so I was stuck with a hot car going into the summer. I learned to live with just my windows down. This went on for like 2 years, and I have gotten a new car. Now I never use my air conditioner because I love my windows open. It does suck to go to work all sweaty though. What’s more attractive than pit stains on a Monday morning? Haha gross Anyways I hope your car troubles get cleared up!!

    ReplyDelete