Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Another List of Accomplishments

You might have noticed another addition to my side panel. I have decided to keep track here of the books that I read. Mainly because I read a LOT more than I get around to baking or painting or any of the other items on the list of things I hope to achieve in coming months. So maybe by keeping track of this I'll actually be able to take a look and feel like I've done SOMEthing, even if it's not what I said I was SUPPOSED to be doing. haha :)

So currently this list includes any books that I've completed in 2010. The first few pick up in the middle of a series I started last year. And this isn't necessarily the order in which I've finished these books, this is just the order I could remember them in. But from here forward, it'll probably be a pretty accurate representation of the order in which I'm reading things.

I'm also not opposed to re-reading books I've enjoyed. I re-read the Harry Potter series up through whatever book was most recently released at the time before reading the newest addition, so I've read some of those several times over. And this was my 3rd or 4th time reading Ender's Game. So seeing a title on this list doesn't necessarily mean that this was the FIRST time I've read the book.

As you can tell if you follow the links, these are all fiction titles. That tends to be what I enjoy most, but occasionally I'll read a biography or some other non-fiction. Currently I'm on a bit of a fantasy kick- again, kind of obvious with the exception of just a few titles. I expect I'll be reading on my own as well as whatever my book club (see previous posting) is reading, so that will probably keep things fairly broad. I also have a book club going at work. They are, of course, all related to teamwork or leadership, etc, but so far they've all been good reads, so I haven't minded.

So check back often and let me know if you have any suggestions I should check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment