Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Plans and Decision Making

So I've got a few friends started on What If... lists of their own. I'm still super excited about small group tomorrow. I still have to decide what on my list I'm going to really focus on for the next week. I'd like to look into painting at the children's hospital. I need to do some research regarding what it is I want to do (determine if it's healthy/feasible/etc) and then, if that all checks out, find out who I need to talk to in order to get permission and really make this happen. If it worked out, it would be a really neat way to get myself painting again while also volunteering within the community. However- I'm hesitant in that area because I simply do not have the time in my schedule right now to commit even one day a week if I WAS able to work it all out. However, I know we're supposed to step out of our comfort zones with this dare. So perhaps I can at least take the first few steps towards getting my idea organized. Set up a time to go talk to someone perhaps? If I get the details worked out I could plan on actually starting mid-June when my schedule calms down a bit.

However, the "what if..." that I choose (for this purpose) also needs to be something that I can actually make progress on in a week. With that in mind, I'm thinking about perhaps either trying to get up earlier each day, or trying to run everyday. If I ran in the morning before work I'd be killing 2 birds with 1 stone!

We'll see. I've got a little while longer to think about it.

In the mean time, I got to hang out with some friends I haven't seen recently today, so that was nice. We met up for pizza and got to catch up. And I'm ending my day with a movie with my boyfriend :) Jumanji. Haven't watched this movie in forever. Used to be a fave of my family's though. It was one of our go-to movies if all else failed. Hopefully it won't disappoint tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment