Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Foooooooooooooood!!!!!!

Ok, this is kind of a random post, but I'm bored and I've got food on the brain, so I thought I'd turn it into something constructive.

I am totally psyched about this new cookbook I got the other day. It's called Frame-by-Frame Baking and it's AMAZING!!! Not only does it help you make sure you're doing everything right with pictures of each step (rather than just one picture of the finished product) but all those extra pictures actually make your mouth water that much more when reading through the recipes!!! This same line of books has at least one other(Frame-by-Frame Quick and Easy) but as I'm more of a baker than anything else, I got this one. I cannot wait to bake my way through it.

At the same time as I got this new book, I also purchased a tart pan. "Why?" you may ask. Not really so I could bake tarts. That is one added bonus, as I don't currently have a tart pan. But no, I bought this particular pan because it had what looked to be an amazing peanut-butter-banana tart recipe on the packaging. Yes, I'm that kind of person.

I have also come across (or been sent) numerous recipes online, or simply pictures of items which I plan on attempting to divine the recipe for.

Bottom line? I have A LOT of baking to do!!! So I think I'm going to attempt, among everything else I have going on in my crazy life, to start baking one new thing each week. I figure that's not too lofty a goal, and should be easy enough to work into my budget. No budget-breaking, career-interrupting craziness here like in Julie and Julia (Though that was an awesome movie! And one more thing that inspired me to start my own blog!)

So in order to keep track of my baking endeavors, I'm going to keep a running list (see new sidebar gadget) of every new recipe I attempt in the coming days. If I can ever find the battery charger for my camera, I'll post pictures as well.

Feel free to send suggestions my way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment