Wednesday, February 16, 2011

More Pictures!

I forgot to mention yesterday that I finally signed up for my first 6-week course through Showcase. I'll be taking the Digital 101 course with this guy: Ryan Nabulsi. I looked through the bios of all the instructors for this course and I'm really excited about this guy cuz I can relate so much to his background- the abrupt change in career course, etc. so it'll be cool to hear what he has to say in that arena.  Plus he also teaches 102 courses, so I'll be able to have a consistent teacher for the first couple classes while I get used to the camera settings, etc. Then once I hit 103 and expand into specialty courses, I'll have different instructors and have a chance to see some new points of view.

So I'll be sure to include any pics and results of those critiques once I get into that. I don't start til early March.

For now, here are some pics from my Chimpsy class the other week. Our instructor, Ben Rollins, was really cool, laid back. I really enjoyed his style when he showed us some of his work. We met at Front Page News for a while to go over camera settings, etc. (Remember, this was for the point and shoot class I took with Mom. I'm taking another class for my SLR through them later this month.) Then we just roamed around Little Five Points for a while taking shots using the new settings and composition guidelines Ben gave us. I was pretty pleased with a few I was able to get.










No comments:

Post a Comment