Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 7- Ready, Set, Don't Eat

So here I am just a few hours from the end of Day 2 of the fast. It hasn't been too bad. 3 chocolate meal replacement drinks a day, with a couple glasses of water in between. I mostly just had to stay busy in order to keep my mind off food. I have a bad habit of eating when I get bored. So I hung out with my boyfriend. We ran to Tanger to exchange some Christmas gifts and watched some movies and played with the kitties. Today I went to see the Blind Side with my friend. (Good movie. But then again I am a sucker for football flicks.) I tidied up my apartment, and my biggest accomplishment of the weekend:

I started prepping my meals for the coming week! :)

Anything that isn't easy to measure out a serving (as in takes 30 seconds or less) I measured out and packaged into single serving portions. So I chopped up my cheese blocks into 1oz portions. I measured out my grapes and sliced up my strawberries and watermelon and measured those out in to 1 cup portions. I opened up my deli ham and wrapped that up into 3oz servings. I cubed and cooked up a package of boneless chicken breasts and measured that also in 3oz servings. I even went as far as to measure out a couple 3tbsp portions of ketchup (I gotta have my ketchup!)

Then I planned tomorrow's meals. Since they suggest you eat 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day, and I have to get in 5 servings of protein a day according to my meal plan, I just planned 5 meals, each with a protein. Until I go back to the store and get a few more items I either forgot or couldn't find last time, some items are going to get a little repetitive, but it shouldn't be too bad. Tomorrow's schedule:

Meal 1- Yogurt, Strawberries, Ham
Meal 2- Chicken, V8 drink
Meal 3- Chicken, Peas, English Muffin
Meal 4- Ham, Mini Rice Cakes
Meal 5- Egg-white Omelet with Low-fat Cheese, English Muffin

I'm pretty excited about this. Hoping I can keep it up. Plus, it was another good way to keep my mind off of eating. You'd think prepping all this food would make me hungrier, but somehow that wasn't the case.

Anyways, it's time for my last meal replacement drink of the weekend :) Think I'm gonna pop in a movie and then call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment